It can be a challenge to design your home and trying to incorporate the ideas that you have in mind to create the perfect dream home in Vancouver. Using engineered flooring in home design simplifies the design process and the versatility allows you to create different looks for each section of the house that will suit the different members.
Here are some essential information that you should know about engineered flooring before you made the decision to use engineered flooring for your home design.
What are the materials used for engineered flooring?
Engineered flooring uses engineered wood which comprises of wood products that are manufactured by binding or fixing the strands, particles, fibers, or veneers or boards of wood, together with adhesives, or other methods of fixation to form composite materials.
What are the advantages of using engineered flooring?
Many home owners in Vancouver prefers using engineered flooring and here are some of the advantages as to why they use engineered flooring in their dream homes.
- Superior in quality than traditional pure hardwood flooring, which is weak and can snap over time.
- It is less prone to moisture damage as compared to hardwood flooring.
- Hardwood flooring shrinks and expands when exposed to the heat and cold. This causes the installation to be a headache by all but the most skilled (and expensive) team. Engineered flooring does not have this expansion/contraction problem which makes it an easy task to install the flooring for your dream home.
- It is cheaper and more wallet-friendly to use engineered flooring in Vancouver as compared to using pure hardwood.
- It is the best choice of flooring for condominiums as the engineered wood can be glued to the concrete or it can be floated over the concrete slab.
At Vancouver Mouldings and Floors, we have a wide variety of engineered wood designs to create the perfect flooring for your ideal dream home. Here are some tips when choosing the suitable engineered flooring design.
- Walnut has remained a popular choice for the color of the engineered flooring as it is a versatile color that works well with various home designs that you want to create for your dream home. It is recommended to use walnut if you are new to home designing.
- Medium brown has an aesthetically longer life compared to other colors.
- Our maple designed engineered flooring is an ideal choice if you are looking to create an industrialized home design.
Check out our selection of engineered flooring or feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any question. Our friendly and experienced team are around to assist you to create your perfect dream home in Vancouver.